At the beginning of 1888 and after 272 years depending on the Church of San Onofre in the neighboring town of Alguazas, Las Torres de Cotillas came to have its own parish.
The temple of Nuestra Señora de la Salceda would be established as an independent Rectory and since then it would have its own priests, beginning that cast of Torreño parish priests Leandro Sánchez Delicado, who will exercise his pastoral ministry in our Villa until 1906.
Until today the list of pastors of the Church of Our Lady of La Salceda would continue with:
José Abad Pérez (1906-1915).
Juan José Martínez Romero (1915-1916).
José Meseguer Gómez (1916-1926).
Miguel Ángel Hernández López (1926-1935).
Enrique Meseguer Sánchez (1935-1936).
Pedro García González (1936-1940).
Rafael Fernández Herrera (1940-1951).
Elías Martínez Mercader (1951).
Rafael Fernández Herrera (1952-1965).
Pedro Martínez Gil (1965-1979).
Vicente García Hernández (1979-1980).
Luis Martínez Mármol (1980-1997).
José Manzano García (1997-1998).
Antonio Salvador Pérez Vicente (1998-2010).
Ismael Sánchez Gómez (2010-).
-BELMONTE RUBIO, J.: Alguazas: Church of San Onofre and Parish Archive.
Ed. Parish of San Onofre.
Source: Juan José Ruiz Moñino